The chateau is an imposing building and is a very important part of the regional history.
The main buildings cover four centuries of development with an unusual array of architecture that sit prominently within carefully considered grounds, offering a tranquil setting embellished with listed National monuments; in particular a marvelous dovecote.
The chateau is well maintained to the highest of standards, and unlike many buildings of such provenance, offers a wonderful family home that is manageable, private, impressive and spacious without being impersonal.
The Château dating from the XVII and XIX centuries, period of Louis X111 style, surrounded by a beautiful park with a body of water that creates a tranquil and contemplative environment.
The park has six prominent buildings: Two courtesy pavilions and a dovecote, all three listed historic monuments. Additionally a bread oven, a barn and 17th Century kennels. The property extends over 2ha23, the ensemble showcased by a park, orchard, body of water and centennial trees.
The Chateau is built on four levels:
- On the lower ground floor: A hunting hall, a caretaker's apartment, boiler room, wine cellar, wood store, garage and access for the service staircase.
- On the ground floor: Entrance overlooking the lobby with the main staircase, a kitchen opens to a large breakfast room with fireplace, a WC, access to the service staircase, a large dining room with fireplace, study, a spacious living room with fireplace and a small lounge-smoking room.
- On the first floor: Six bedrooms including one with a large bathroom plus shower, one with shower and WC, 2 bathrooms, a separate WC plus an independent suite with three bedrooms and a large bathroom-WC.
- On the second floor: One Suite plus two bedrooms, bathroom with steam shower, jacuzzi, separate WC, gym with sauna, artists studio and access to the attic.
Central heating is via oil fuel.
Thermal insulation of exterior walls and double glazing on the West Wing.
The whole is in excellent condition, restored tastefully preserving the original character.
The Château is located 150 km from Paris, 5 km from the motorway exit and with easy access to SNCF (approximately 1 H 15 from the Gare Saint Lazare).
Serious clients are encouraged to contact the agent for further details which include detailed measurements, additional photographs and other particulars as required.
Viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment.
- Property type
- Special class
- Guesthouse-bed & breakfast-gites
- Extra info
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- Plot size
- 22,300 m²
- Total living area
- 742 m²
- All bathrooms