The overall property comprises a relatively new (2004) four-bedroom house on three levels overlooking the river (built where the ancient Moulin used to be), a second three-bedroom house on two levels also overlooking the river, other impressive outbuildings, an apple orchard, almost 12 hectares of attached land and a very private entrance driveway.
The ground floor of the main house comprises an entrance hallway (15m2), lounge/dining room (27m2), kitchen (23m2), bedroom (15m2), shower room and a separate WC.
In addition, there is an integral garage (50m2) and access to a 40m2 cellar.
On the first floor we have a superb front to back lounge/dining room (48m2) complete with a balcony (7m2) to truly appreciate those superb river views, fitted kitchen (17m2), three bedrooms (17m2, 15m2 and 13m2), utility room (19m2), bathroom and a separate WC.
The top floor currently comprises 4 large rooms to finish - already fitted with underfloor heating. The second house comprises two rooms (18m2 and 16m2) and a utility room (9m2) on the ground floor plus 3 bedrooms (15m2, 14m2 and 11m2) and a shower room with WC on the second floor.
There are outbuildings (15m2 and 12m2) plus a large hangar barn for machinery and equipment storage.
The 700m of river frontage is particularly attractive as the property benefits from being in sunlight for the best part of the day.
It also benefits from having a very private entrance driveway with apple trees on both sides plus a dedicated apple orchard section adjacent to the river.
This great business potential of the overall property includes:
- Potential to generate electricity from the river – based on the actual water diversion channels of the ancient Moulin (subject to planning permission)
- Potential with 11 hectares of attached land to have a smallholding for animals
- Potential to convert the main house into three parts- 2 gites plus in-season owner’s accommodation on the upper floor (an outside staircase to access the upper floor would be a bonus)
- Potential to use the adjacent 3-bed property as a gite
- Potential for a 1-bed gite using the other two outbuildings
- Potential for river side camping (subject to planning permission)
- Potential for renting say 8 hectares of the land package to a local farmer – separate access to this package is possible
The property is located approximately mid-way between Bessines Sur Gartempe (6 km) and Chateauponsac (7 km) both providing a range of shops and café/restaurants. A much larger range of shops and other facilities are available at Bellac (27 km) and the northern part of Limoges (41km but only 30 minutes via the A20). The all-year-round international airport at Limoges is only 46km away.
- Property Type
- Grounds HA or legal
- Grounds > 10-20 HA
- Total living m2
- 290 m²
- Plot size m2
- 114,237 m²
- All bathrooms
- Car park spaces
- Double glazing